Bangladesh v England

Bangladesh collapsed in run chase | Today live score | Cricocean

The article includes Ball by Ball Live Score, Live Cricket Scorecard, Match Reviews, Match Prediction, Where to watch cricket live streaming, Today Live Score, Day by Day Summary, Match Statistics, Team Squads and Man of the Match Sections as Bangladesh collapsed in run chase

Bangladesh v England | 1st ODI | Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Bangladesh collapsed in run chase in final stages of the first one day international between Bangladesh v England. Bangladesh lost 6 of their wickets for 17 runs and lost the match by 21 runs. In an innings that was largely dominated by Bangladesh batsmen, England hold their nerves and grabbed a victory in final stages.

England after winning the toss choose to bat first in the opening match of the 3 match ODI series. In past this series had lots of security related concerns and couple of England players refused to play including their captain. The stadium was full of spectators and security personals and looks like a fort.

England scored 309 runs in 50 overs where BA Stokes scored his first century of the ODI carrier. He scored 101 runs with the help of 8 fours and 4 sixes. Duckett in his debut match for England scored 60 runs. Buttler scored 63 runs at a crucial stage and helped England crossed 300 landmark.

Bangladesh collapsed in run chase
England team celebrates

Mortaza, Islam and Shakib took 2 wickets each by giving away 52, 59 and 59 runs respectively. Bangladesh in reply started their innings with confidence. Imrul Kayes scored a brilliant century score of 112 runs. His innings consisted 11 fours and 2 sixes. Shakib scored 79 runs. both of them were involved in a brilliant partnership.

Once both of them got out, it was proved to be an easy task for England to remove the tail. Bangladesh lost 6 of their last wickets for 17 runs and whole team got out on 288. At the end England won the match by 21 runs. Rashid took 4 for 49 for England. Ball who was playing his first match for England took 5 for 51 and named man of the match for his match winning performance.

Today Match Prediction

England is by far the strong side between two nations. But Bangladesh on its home soil always give tough competition to its opponents. England is favorite for the series with 60% winning chances. While Bangladesh has 40% chances of victory. In hot conditions of Bangladesh, it will be a test of England cricketer’s fitness.

Cricket Match Scorecard

  • Toss: England won the toss and choose to bat first
  • England: 309 for 8 (50 overs) (Stokes 101, Buttler 63, Duckett 60, Mortaza 2/52, Islam 2/59, Shakib 2/59)
  • Bangladesh: 288 for 10 (47.5 overs) (Kayes 112, Shakib 79, Ball 5/51, Rashid 4/49)
  • England won by 21 runs and lead the three match series 1-0

Man of the Match: JT Ball (England)

England Squad

  1. JJ Roy
  2. JM Vince
  3. BM Duckett
  4. JM Bairstow
  5. BA Stokes
  6. JC Buttler
  7. MM Ali
  8. CR Woakes
  9. DJ Willey
  10. AY Rashid
  11. JT Ball

Bangladesh Squad

  1. Tamim Iqbal
  2. Imrul Kayes
  3. Shabbir Rahman
  4. Mahmudullah
  5. Mushfiqur Rahim
  6. Shakib Al Hassan
  7. Mosaddek Hossain
  8. Mashrafe Mortaza
  9. Mosharraf Hossain
  10. Shafiul Islam
  11. Taskin Ahmed


Cricocean is a website containing Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket News, Ball by Ball Live Cricket Scores, Match Predictions, Cricket Match Astrology, Who Will Win Today Match, Cricket Schedule, Match Statistics, Latest Cricket Rankings, Rich Articles about Cricket Games including Test Matches, ODI's, T20's and different Premier Leagues like IPL, PSL, BBL, BPL and CPL taking place around the world. We as Cricocean are committed to provide you the best cricketing experience around the world. So keep visiting us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker