England v Pakistan

A draw converted into Pakistan defeat | Cricket Score | Cricocean

England v Pakistan | 3rd Investec Test, Day 5 | Cricket Score

The article includes Live Cricket Score, Match Review, Match Predictions, Where to watch live cricket streaming, Day by Day Summary and Man of the Match Sections.

Pakistan lost the third test match against England at Birmingham in reward of some very fine reverse swing bowling from England bowlers. Pakistan suffered from one bad session from lunch to tea which costs them the test match. After having won most of the sessions in the test match Pakistan lost very quick wickets in second session of day 5. Pakistan lost 4 wickets for just 1 runs in a span of 23 balls. The complete cricket score card is shown below.

England declared its 2nd innings after scoring 445 runs for the loss of 6 wickets. Moeen Ali played a brilliant knock of 86 run not out. Bairstow also scored 83 runs. Mohammad Amir, Sohail Khan and Yasir Shah took 2 wickets each.

Cricket Score
Moeen Ali, Man of the Match

Pakistan need to score 343 runs in 84 overs on final day in order to win the test match. Pakistan once again lost its opening batsman Mohammad Hafeez early. He scored just 2 runs and once again failed to justify his selection. Sami Aslam and Azhar Ali made a good partnership before Azhar Ali was dismissed for 38 runs. The wicket was a lock opener for England. Soon after Azhar, younis Khan also got out for 4 runs. Pakistan lost 4 quick wickets after lunch.

Pakistan lost Sami Aslam when the score was 125 runs. He was Pakistan’s 7th wicket. Sami scored 70 runs. He scored half centuries in both innings of the test match and became just the fourth Pakistan opener to score half centuries in both innings of the test match in England.

Pakistan managed to score 201 runs in 70.5 overs. Moeen Ali was named man of the match for his all round performance. He scores 63 and 86* and also took 2 wickets in the match. Alister Cook declared this win as one of his favorite test wins for England. The final test match will be played in Kennington Oval, London form 11 August.

Today Match Predictions

The match ended in a victory for England. Our prediction meter already predicted England victory chances as 50%. While there were 30% chances of victory for Pakistan. And there were 20% chances of draw.

Where to watch live cricket match streaming   

Match is telecast live by many broadcasters in the world like Start Sports, FOX sports and PTV Sports. You can watch live cricket match on PTV Sports live streaming.


Cricket Score Card

  • Pakistan won the toss and elected to field first
  • England (1st Innings) 297 for 10 (Ballance 70, MM Ali 63, Sohail 5-96)
  • Pakistan (1st Innings) 400 for 10 (Azhar 139, Sami 82, Misbah 56)
  • England (2nd Innings) 445 for 6 dec. (MM Ali 86*, Bairstow 83, Root 62, Cook 66)
  • Pakistan (2nd Innings) 201 for 10 (Sami 70, Azhar 38)
  • England won the match by 141 runs

Day by Day Summary

  • Wednesday, 3 August – day 1 – England 1st inning 297/10 (ST Finn 15*, JM Anderson 5, 86 overs)
  • Thursday, 4 August – day 2 – Pakistan 1st innings 257/3 (Younis Khan 21*, 90 overs)
  • Friday, 5 August – day 3 – England 2nd innings 120/0 (AN Cook 64*, AD Hales 50*, 35 overs)
  • Saturday, 6 August – day 4 – England 2nd innings 414/5 (JM Bairstow 82*, MM Ali 60*, 125 overs)
  • Sunday, 7 August – day 5 – Pakistan 2nd innings 201/10 (Sami 70, Azhar 38, 70.5 overs)

Man of the Match: MM Ali (England)

England Squad

Alastair Cook(c), Alex Hales, Joe Root, Gary Ballance, Jonny Bairstow(w), James Vince, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Steven Finn, Jake Ball, Adil Rashid, Ben Stokes

Pakistan Squad

Mohammad Hafeez, Shan Masood, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq(c), Asad Shafiq, Sarfraz Ahmed(w), Wahab Riaz, Sohail Khan, Zulfiqar Babar, Mohammad Amir, Sami Aslam, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Rizwan, Yasir Shah, Rahat Ali, Imran Khan



Cricocean is a website containing Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket News, Ball by Ball Live Cricket Scores, Match Predictions, Cricket Match Astrology, Who Will Win Today Match, Cricket Schedule, Match Statistics, Latest Cricket Rankings, Rich Articles about Cricket Games including Test Matches, ODI's, T20's and different Premier Leagues like IPL, PSL, BBL, BPL and CPL taking place around the world. We as Cricocean are committed to provide you the best cricketing experience around the world. So keep visiting us.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker