England v Pakistan

England Seal Huge Win | Cricocean | Cricket Score Card

England v Pakistan | Second Investec Test, Day 4 | Cricket Score Card

Today Match Preview

England seal huge win against Pakistan on the fourth day of second test match between England v Pakistan. It is an embarrassing defeat for Pakistan who lost the match with a huge margin of 330 runs. The cricket score card is shown at the bottom of the page. Pakistan failed to bowl England out in both the innings of the match. The England batsmen posted huge scores on the board in both innings of the match giving Pakistan team a target that was quite unreachable. England now level the series 1-1 with two test matches to go.

Earlier on the day England started their inning on the overnight score of 98 for 1. Cook and Root hammered Pakistani bowlers to all over the ground. Both scored half centuries and remained not out before England declared their innings on a score of 173 for the loss of 1 wicket. England gave Pakistan huge target of 565 runs to win.

Pakistan started their innings but once again kept on losing their wickets on regular intervals. None of the Pakistani batsmen scored freely. Hafeez was the top scorer with 42. Asad Shafiq and Misbah both scored 39 and 35 respectively. Mohammad Amir scored 29 run lower down the order but it was too late for Pakistan. Pakistan lost the match in the 71st over and bowled out on 234 runs.

For England it was James Anderson who took 3 for 41 on his return. Woakes and Moeen Ali both took 3 wickets each by giving away 41 and 88 runs respectively. Woakes bowling once again continued to be a nightmare for Pakistani batsmen in second test match. He took 7 wickets in the match. Remember Woakes also took 11 wickets in the first test match at Lord’s. Joe Root was named man of the match for his innings of 254 and 71 runs in two innings of the test match.

Cricket Score
England Players Congratulate Root

England won the match by 330 runs. It seems strange that on a pitch where England batsmen scored freely and Pakistani bowlers failed to bowl out England in both the innings, England bowlers took 20 wickets of Pakistan by just giving away 432 runs. Overall it was a bad performance by Pakistani bowlers, batsmen and even fielders who dropped so many catches of England top order batsmen.

The third test will be played at Edgbaston. There is a 9 days gap between the tests. It will be a good thing for Pakistan to regroup and make a new strategy for the upcoming test. The series is now alive with England’s with two matches to go in Edgbaston and Oval.

Match Prediction

The match ended in a victory for England. Our prediction meter already predicted England victory chances as 69%, while there were 30% chances of draw. Pakistan were hoping against the hope with only 1% chance of winning.

Where to watch online live cricket streeming on PTV Sports

Match is telecast live by many broadcasters in the world like Start Sports, FOX sports and PTV Sports. You can watch live cricket match on PTV Sports live streaming.

http://www.ptv.com.pk/public/userView/livestreaming#sidebar-most-commented1

Cricket Score Card

  • England (1st Innings) 589 for 8 dec. (Root 254, Cook 105, Wahab 3-106)
  • Pakistan (1st Innings) 198 (Misbah 52, Woakes 4-67)
  • England (2nd Innings) 173 for 1 dec. (Cook 76*, Root 71*, Amir 1-43)
  • Pakistan (2nd Innings) 234 (Hafeez 41, Anderson 3-41, Woakes 3-41)
  • England won the match by 330 runs

Day by Day Match Summary

  • Friday, 22 July – day 1 – England 1st innings 314/4 (JE Root 141*, CR Woakes 2*, 89 overs)
  • Saturday, 23 July – day 2 – Pakistan 1st innings 57/4 (Shan Masood 30*, Misbah-ul-Haq 1*, 24 overs)
  • Sunday, 24 July – day 3 – England 2nd innings 98/1 (AN Cook 49*, JE Root 23*, 21 overs)
  • Monday, 25 July – day 4 – Pakistan 2nd innings 234 (70.3 overs) – England won the match

England Squad

Alastair Cook(c), Alex Hales, Joe Root, Gary Ballance, Jonny Bairstow(w), James Vince, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Steven Finn, Jake Ball, Adil Rashid, Ben Stokes

Pakistan Squad

Mohammad Hafeez, Shan Masood, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq(c), Asad Shafiq, Sarfraz Ahmed(w), Wahab Riaz, Sohail Khan, Zulfiqar Babar, Mohammad Amir, Sami Aslam, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Rizwan, Yasir Shah, Rahat Ali, Imran Khan

Tags

cricocean

Cricocean is a website containing Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket News, Ball by Ball Live Cricket Scores, Match Predictions, Cricket Match Astrology, Who Will Win Today Match, Cricket Schedule, Match Statistics, Latest Cricket Rankings, Rich Articles about Cricket Games including Test Matches, ODI's, T20's and different Premier Leagues like IPL, PSL, BBL, BPL and CPL taking place around the world. We as Cricocean are committed to provide you the best cricketing experience around the world. So keep visiting us.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: