England v Pakistan

England won first ODI on D/L method | Cricket Score | Cricocean

England won first ODI on D/L method | Cricket Score | Cricocean

The article includes Match Preview, Cricket Match Predictions, Where to watch live cricket streaming, Live Cricket Score Card, Day by Day Summary, Team Squads and Man of the Match Sections as England won first ODI on D/L method.

England v Pakistan | 1st ODI

England won first ODI on D/L method against Pakistan in the Rose Bowl, Southampton. After losing the last test match England fortunes have changed in a match affected by rain. After many interruptions by rain D/L method came in to play and England won it comfortably at the end by 44 runs.

Early on the day Pakistan won the toss and choose to bat first on a wicket which was suitable for batting. Azhar ali and Sharjeel Khan opened the innings for Pakistan. Shajeel could not transform its recent form into England ODI. Remember he played a merciless innings against Ireland in first ODI. He scored just 15 runs and got out on a short ball after he needlessly reviewed the decision. Hafeez once again could not prove his selection and gave a soft dismissal.

Azhar Ali was rock solid at the other end and scored a slow fifty. After his half century he started to score more quickly. He scored 82 runs of 110 balls with the help of 9 fours. It was a slow innings on an easy batting friendly track. Babar Azam was unfortunate when he was declared LBW on a ball which clearly hit his bat. Pakistan does not have any review left at that time. Sharjeel needless review proved costly for Pakistan. Hammad scored very solid 40 runs.

England won first ODI
Roy played a big shot

Sarfraz Ahmad once again proved a healthy cricketer as he scored a runs a ball fifty. He got out on 55 from 58 balls. During the first innings rain stopped play which effected Pakistan’s progress unfortunately. After the short interruption Pakistan lost two quick wickets which breaks Pakistan’s momentum in the batting. Pakistani batsmen could not score quick runs in the final stages and managed to score 260 runs in the allotted 50 overs.

England in reply scored briskly. Roy was in fantastic touch and scored a quick half century. He got out on boundary by Babar Azam, as he took a very good running catch. Root continued his recent good form in the ODI and scored 61of 72 balls. During England innings play was interrupted many times by rain. The condition got worst and D/L method came into play. England was way ahead on the required run rate and declared victorious at the end. Jason Roy declared man of the match in a rain effected match for his flawless innings. England now leads the 5 match ODI series by 1-0.

Today Match Predictions

England is better side than Pakistan when it comes to ODI. Pakistan is a young side in ODI as compared to test matches. The chances of victory for Pakistan were 30% while England chances were 70%.

Where to watch live cricket match streaming   

Match is telecast live by many broadcasters in the world like Start Sports, FOX sports, Ten sports and PTV Sports. You can watch live cricket match on PTV Sports live streaming.

http://www.ptv.com.pk/public/userView/livestreaming#sidebar-most-commented1

Cricket Match Score Card

  • Toss: Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat first
  • Pakistan: 260 for 6 (50 overs) (Azhar 82, Sarfraz 55, Rashid 2/51)
  • England: 194 for 3 (Root 61, Roy 65)
  • England won the match by 44 runs on D/L Method

Man of the Match: JJ Roy (England)

England Squad

JJ Roy, Alex Hales, Joe Root, EJG Morgan, Adil Rashid, Ben Stokes, JC Buttler, MM Ali, CR Woakes, LE Plunkett, MA Wood

Pakistan Squad

Mohammad Hafeez, Sharjeel Khan, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Sarfraz Ahmed(w), Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Nawaz, Imad Wasim, Umar Gul

 

Tags

cricocean

Cricocean is a website containing Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket News, Ball by Ball Live Cricket Scores, Match Predictions, Cricket Match Astrology, Who Will Win Today Match, Cricket Schedule, Match Statistics, Latest Cricket Rankings, Rich Articles about Cricket Games including Test Matches, ODI's, T20's and different Premier Leagues like IPL, PSL, BBL, BPL and CPL taking place around the world. We as Cricocean are committed to provide you the best cricketing experience around the world. So keep visiting us.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: