The article includes Match analysis, Match Prediction, Live Cricket Match Scorecard, Day by Day Summary, Where to watch cricket live streaming, Live Cricket Score Ball by Ball, Team Squads and Man of the Match Sections as Incredible Brathwaite seals victory for West Indies in the final match of the series.
Pakistan v West Indies | 3rd Test | Sharjah Cricket Stadium
West Indies won the third and final test match against Pakistan at Sharjah Cricket Stadium as incredible Brathwaite seals victory for windies. Losing the toss for the 3rd consecutive time in the series West Indies were asked to field.
The guests put a good performance on the first day of the test match. Pakistan after losing Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq in the first over of the match never came back into the game. Younis Khan and Sami Aslam put a good partnership and after them Misbah put a good stand with Sarfraz Ahmad. The whole team got out on the second after noon on 281.
This score was never enough for any side to challenge opposition on a dead Sharjah Track. West Indies bowlers bowled to a very good line and length and for the first time in the series it seems that they have a certain plan to execute.
Their batsmen also supported the bowlers by putting 337 runs on the board in 1st innings. Brathwaite carried the bat throughout the innings and remained not out on 142 runs. Chase also scored 50 runs.
Wahab Riaz took five wickets for Pakistan by giving 88 runs. Pakistan once again lost quick wickets in second innings. Younis Khan and Asad Shafiq both failed to trouble the scorers. Misbah got out on 4 runs. Azhar Ali and Sarfraz Ahmad holds the innings for a while but West Indies bowled on a good line and length to get rid of Pakistan for just 208 runs. Holder took 5 wickets for the first time in his career for 30 runs.
West Indies needed a target of 153 runs in fourth and final innings. They crossed the line by losing 5 wickets. At one stage West Indies lost half of their side for just 67 runs. At that moment Brathwaite along with Dowrich put a great partnership to take West Indies home. Brathwaite once again remain not out for 60. Dowrich also scored 50 runs and remained not out.
KC Brathwaite for his outstanding performance with the bat was nominated man of the match while Yasir Shah was named Man of the Series for his outstanding spells of leg spin bowling.
Pakistan had already taken lead in a 3 match series by winning the first two test matches and thus lifted the Haier series trophy.
Live Cricket Match Scorecard
Toss: Pakistan who won the toss and bat first
- Pakistan 1st innings: 281 for 10, 90.5 overs (Sami 74, Misbah 53, Sarfraz 51, Younis 51, Bishoo 4/77, Gabreil 3/67)
- West Indies 1st innings: 337 for 10, 115.4 overs (Brathwaite 142*, Chase 50, Wahab 5/88, Amir 3/71)
- Pakistan 2nd innings: 208 for 10, 81.3 overs (Azhar 91, Holder 5/30, Bishoo 3/46)
- West Indies 2nd innings: 154 for 5, 43.5 overs (Brathwaite 60*, Yasir 3/40)
West Indies won the match by 5 wickets, but the series has already been decided by 2-1 in favor of Pakistan.
Day by Day Match Summary
- Sunday, 30 October – day 1 – Pakistan 1st innings 255/8 (Yasir 1*, Amir 6*, 83 overs)
- Monday, 31 October – day 2 – West Indies 1st innings 244/6 (Brathwaite 95*, Holder 6*, 78 overs)
- Tuesday, 1 November – day 3 – Pakistan 2nd innings 87/4 (Azhar 45*, Sarfraz 19*, 39 overs)
- Wednesday, 2 November – day 4 – West Indies 2nd innings 114/5 (Brathwaite 44*, Dowrich 36*, 36 Overs)
- Thursday, 3 November – day 5 – West Indies 2nd innings 154/5 (43.5 overs)
Man of the match: KC Brathwaite (West Indies)
Man of the Series: Yasir Shah (Pakistan)
- Sami Aslam
- Azhar Ali
- Asad Shafiq
- Younis Khan
- Misbah ul Haq
- Sarfraz Ahmad
- Mohammad Nawaz
- Zulfiqar Babar
- Yasir Shah
- Wahab Riaz
- Mohammad Amir
West Indies Squad
- KC Brathwaite
- LR Johnson
- DM Bravo
- MN Samules
- D Bishoo
- J Blackwood
- RL Chase
- SO Dowrich
- JO Holder
- AS Joseph
- ST Gabriel