India v West Indies | 3rd Test, Day 5
The article includes Match Preview, Cricket Match Predictions, Where to watch live cricket streaming, Live Cricket Score Card, Day by Day Summary, Team Squads and Man of the Match Sections as India leads the series 2-0.
India leads the series 2-0 after winning the third test match against West Indies at Gros Islet. Ashwin was once agin star performer for India. India played some very good cricket against the weaker West Indian side who is well known for their t20 cricket. India can improve its ranking by winning this series as they have now decisive lead in a four match test series.
West Indies after winning the toss put India into bat. India scored 353 runs in their first innings thanks to wonderful centuries by Ashwin and Saha. It was Ashwin’s second consecutive test match century in tow matches of the series. Cummins and Joseph took 3 wickets each for West Indies.
West Indies in reply bowled ouot by 225 runs in 103.4 overs. Brathwaite managed to score 64 runs. No other batsmen managed to stay at the crease. For India it was B Kumar who took 5 wickets for 33 runs in 23.4 over. India in their second innings declared the innings at a score of 217 for 7 wickets. Thus giving West Indies a target of 346 runs. Cummins took 6 for 48 in second innings.
West Indies in reply just managed to score 108 runs in their second innings. West Indies lost the match by 237 runs. DM Bravo scored 56 runs. For India Shami took 3 wickets for 15 runs. It was yet another bad performance by West Indies with the bat. India now has a decisive lead of 2-0 in the series with one test match to go.
Today Match Predictions
India was hot favorite to win the test match with a percentage of 70%. West Indies chances were 15% and there were 15% chances of draw. With one test match to go, India is still favorite to win the series.
Where to watch live cricket streaming
Match is telecasted live by many broadcasters in the world. You can watch live cricket match on Ten Sports live streaming.
Live Cricket Match Score Card
- Toss: West Indies won the toss and put India into bat
- India 1st innings: 353 for 10 (Ashwin 118, Saha 104)
- West Indies 1st innings: 225 for 10 (Brathwaite 64, B Kumar 5-33)
- India 2nd innings: 217 for 7 decl. (Rahane 78, Cummins 6-48)
- West Indies 2nd innings: 108 for 10 (DM Bravo 59, Shami 3-15)
- India won the match by 237 runs
- India lead the 4 match series 2-0.
Day by Day Summary
- Tuesday, 9 August – day 1 – India 1st innings 234/5 (Ashwin 75*, Shah 46*, 90 overs)
- Wednesday, 10 August – day 2 – West Indies 1st innings 107/1 (Brathwaite 53*, Bravo 18*, 47 overs)
- Thursday, 11 August – day 3 – no play due to rain
- Friday, 12 August – day 4 – India 2nd innings 157/3 (Rahane 51*, Sharmi 41*, 39 overs)
- Saturday, 13 August – day 5 – West Indies 2nd innings 108/10 (47.3 overs) – end of match
Man of the match: R Ashwin (India)
KL Rahul, S Dhawan, V Kohli, AM Rahane, RG Sharma, R Ashwin, WP Saha, RA Jadeja, B Kumar, Mohammad Shami, I Sharma
KC Brathwaite, LR Johnson, DM Bravo, MN Samules, J Blackwood, RL Chase, SO Dowrich, JO Holder, AS Joseph, ML Cummins, ST Gabriel