Zimbabwe v New Zealand

New Zealand secure series win over Zimbabwe | Cricocean

New Zealand Secure Series Win over Zimbabwe. The article includes Match Review, Match Predictions, Where to watch live cricket streaming, Live Cricket Score Card, Day by Day Match Summary and Man of the Match Sections.

Zimbabwe v New Zealand | 2nd Test, Day 5

New Zealand secure series win over Zimbabwe by winning the 2nd test match at Queen’s Sports Club, Bulawayo. It was an easy series win for black caps. Zimbabwe fight hard in the first innings of the test match but their batting once again collapsed in 2nd inning when they were bowled out by black caps for just 132 runs on 5th and final day of the test match. The complete cricket score card is shown below.

New Zealand won the toss and elected to bat first on the first day of the test match. Once again posting a huge total on the board, it was three New Zealanders who scored centuries. Latham score 136 runs with the help of 11 fours. Williamson and Taylor scored 113 and 124 runs respectively with the help of 10 fours each. New Zealand managed to score 582 runs for the loss of 4 wickets and declared the innings.

New Zealand Secured Series Win over Zimbabwe
New Zealand secure series win over Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe fought hard for the first time in the series and scores 362 runs all out. CR Ervine was the star player as he scored 146 runs with the help of 18 fours and 1 six. PJ Moor scored 71 runs scoring 11 fours. For New Zealand it was once again Sodhi who took 4 for 60 in 21.4 overs.

New Zealand declared their innings once again on 166 runs for the loss of 2 wickets giving Zimbabwe a score of 386 runs to chase on final day. Once again Williamson and Taylor scored half centuries. Zimbabwe managed to score just 132 runs on final day as the host nation could not cope the spin bowling attack of New Zealanders. Sodhi and Guptill took 3 wickets each for New Zealanders.

There were also two poor umpiring decisions by umpires against Zimbabwe which opened the door of success for New Zealanders on 5th morning. Although the wicket was quite flat one and Zimbabwe could managed to end in a draw but they only managed to score 35 runs on final day for the loss of last 7 wickets. Zimbabwe only had 2 centuries in the series while New Zealander has 3 in the second test match. This makes New Zealand secure series win over Zimbabwe by 2-0 and lifts the trophy.

Today Match Predictions

The match predications were very clear at the start of the match. New Zealanders were favorites to win the match. The New Zealand chances of winning were 90% at the start of the game. Zimbabwe chances were 5%. While there were 5% of draw.

Where to watch live cricket streaming                

Match is telecast live by many broadcasters in the world. You can watch live cricket match on Ten Sports live streaming.


Cricket Score Card

  • Toss: New Zealand, chose to bat first
  • New Zealand (1st Innings) 582 for 4 dec. (Latham 136, Taylor 124*, Williamson 113, Guptill 87, Watling 83)
  • Zimbabwe (1st Innings) 362 for 10. (Ervine 146, Moor 71, Chibhabha 60, Sodhi 4-60)
  • New Zealand (2nd Innings) 118 for 2 dec. (Williamson 68*, Taylor 67*)
  • Zimbabwe (2nd Innings) 132 for 10. (Mawoyo 35, Guptill 3-11, Sodhi 3-19)
  • New Zealand won the match by 254 runs
  • New Zealand won the series 2-0.

Day by Day Summary-

  • Saturday, 6 August – day 1 – New Zealand 1st innings 329/2 (KS Williamson 95*, 89.5 overs)
  • Sunday, 7 August – day 2 – Zimbabwe 1st innings 55/0 (TMK Mowoyo 20*,CJ Chibhabha 31*, 30 overs)
  • Monday, 8 August – day 3 – Zimbabwe 1st innings 305/6 (CR Ervine 115*, AG Cremer 2*, 120 overs.
  • Tuesday, 9 August – day 4 – Zimbabwe 2nd innings 58/3 (DT Tiripano 0*, 25.2 overs) – End of Match
  • Wednesday, 10 August – day 5 – Zimbabwe 2nd innings 132 (68.4 overs) – end of match

Man of the Match:

KS Williamson (New Zerland)

Player of the Series:

N Wagner (New Zealand)

Zimbabwe Squad

TMK Mowoyo, CJ Chibhabha, J Nyumbu, CR Ervine, SC Williams, Sikardar Raza, PS Masvaure, AG Cremer, DT Tiripano, MT Chinouya, PJ Moor

New Zealand Squad

MJ Guptill, TWM Latham, KS Williamson, LRPL Taylor, HM Nicholls, IS Sodhi, BJ Watling, MJ Santner, TG Southee, N Wagner, TA Boult



Cricocean is a website containing Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket News, Ball by Ball Live Cricket Scores, Match Predictions, Cricket Match Astrology, Who Will Win Today Match, Cricket Schedule, Match Statistics, Latest Cricket Rankings, Rich Articles about Cricket Games including Test Matches, ODI's, T20's and different Premier Leagues like IPL, PSL, BBL, BPL and CPL taking place around the world. We as Cricocean are committed to provide you the best cricketing experience around the world. So keep visiting us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button