Zimbabwe v New Zealand

New Zealand seals an innings win, Zimbabwe v New Zealand | Cricocean

Zimbabwe v New Zealand | First Test, Day 4

New Zealand seals an innings win over Zimbabwe in first of the two test match series between Zimbabwe v New Zealand. The New Zealand cricket team is on its tour to Zimbabwe for a very short series of just two matches. Black Caps are favorite for this test match series as they stands no 5 on ICC test rankings and is a bunch of some very fine players. On the other hand Zimbabwe is an inexperienced young side and is on no 10 in ICC rankings for test teams.

After winning the toss on the first morning, Zimbabwe choose to bat first. New Zealand bowlers bowled brilliantly and Zimbabwe were all out on the first day on a score of just 164 runs. Dt Tiripano came to bat on no 10 and scored 49 runs, although Zimbabwe lost its first 8 wickets for just 72 runs. PS Masvaure score 42 runs.

For New Zealand N Wagner took 6 wickets for 41 runs in 20.5 overs. Southee and Santner took 2 wickets each.

New Zealand in their first innings scores a massive total of 576 runs in 166.5 overs and declared the innings for the loss of 6 wickets. It was a horrible experience for Zimbabwe’s weak and inexperienced bowling lineup. LRPL Taylor score 173 runs on 299 balls. He scored 19 fours in his marathon innings. TWM Latham scored 105 runs on 209 balls scoring 12 fours. BJ Watling scored 107 runs on 172 balls. He also scored 12 fours in his innings. Overall there were 3 centurions in New Zealand innings.

Zimbabwe v New Zealand
Ros Taylor playing a shot

Zimbabwe came to bat in their second innings in a fear of innings defeat. They scored 295 runs in 79 overs and lost the match by an innings and 117 runs. Although they performed better in second innings but it was not enough at all. SC Williams score 119 runs for Zimbabwe. He scored 21 fours. CR Ervine scored 50 runs.

For New Zealand it was TA Boult who took 4 wickets for 52 runs in 17 overs. Southee and Wagner took 2 wickets each for 68 and 62 runs respectively. Santner and Sodhi took 1 wicket each.

New Zealand won the match by and innings and 117 runs. LRPL Taylor was named man of the match for his innings of 173 runs. The next match will be played from August 6, on Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo. If you want to check schedule of the series then click here.

Today Match Predictions, Zimbabwe v New Zealand

The match predications were very clear at the start of the match. New Zealand were hot favorites to win the match. The New Zealand chances of winning were 80%. Zimbabwe chances were 5%. While there were 15% chances of match ending in a draw.

Where to watch live cricket streaming                

Match is telecast live by many broadcasters in the world. You can watch live cricket match on Ten Sports live streaming.


Cricket Match Score Card, Zimbabwe v New Zealand

  • Toss: Zimbabwe, chose to bat first
  • Zimbabwe (1st Innings) 164 for 10. (Tiripano 49*, Wagner 6-41)
  • New Zealand (1st Innings) 576 for 6 dec. (Taylor 173*, Watling 107, Latham 105)
  • Zimbabwe (2nd Innings) 295 for 10. (Williams 119, Ervine 50, Boult 4-52)
  • New Zealand won the match by an innings and 117 runs
  • New Zealand the 2 match series 1-0.

Day by Day Summary

  • Thursday, 28 July – day 1 – New Zealand 1st innings 32/0 (MJ Guptill 14*, TWM Latham 16*, 10 overs)
  • Friday, 29 July – day 2 – New Zealand 1st innings 315/4 (LRPL Taylor 38*, IS Sodhi 5*, 100 overs)
  • Saturday, 30 July – day 3 – Zimbabwe 2nd innings 121/5 (CR Ervine 49*, AG Cremer 14*, 21 overs.
  • Sunday, 31 July – day 4 – Zimbabwe 2nd innings 295 (79 overs) – End of Match

Man of the Match: LRPL Taylor

Zimbabwe Squad

BB Chari, CJ Chibhabha, H Masakadza, CR Ervine, SC Williams, Sikardar Raza, PS Masvaure, RW Chakabva, AG Cremer, DT Tiripano, MT Chinouya

New Zealand Squad

MJ Guptill, TWM Latham, KS Williamson, LRPL Taylor, HM Nicholls, IS Sodhi, BJ Watling, MJ Santner, TG Southee, N Wagner, TA Boult



Cricocean is a website containing Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket News, Ball by Ball Live Cricket Scores, Match Predictions, Cricket Match Astrology, Who Will Win Today Match, Cricket Schedule, Match Statistics, Latest Cricket Rankings, Rich Articles about Cricket Games including Test Matches, ODI's, T20's and different Premier Leagues like IPL, PSL, BBL, BPL and CPL taking place around the world. We as Cricocean are committed to provide you the best cricketing experience around the world. So keep visiting us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker