The article includes Match Review, Match Prediction, Where to watch cricket live streaming, Live Cricket Score Ball by Ball, Live Cricket Match Scorecard, Day by Day Summary, Team Squads and Man of the Match Sections as It’s a Sensational win for Pakistan in Dubai
Pakistan v West Indies | 1st Test | Dubai International Cricket Stadium
It’s a sensational win for Pakistan in Dubai as the hosts beat West Indies by 56 runs in the opening test match of the 3 match series. Thanks to a triple century from Azhar Ali Pakistan managed to score mountain of runs in the first innings on a slow trach of Dubai.
Pakistan elected to bat first on a dead track after winning the toss. Misbah had no hesitation in batting first and taking the advantage of a fresh track. Azhar Ali scored his first triple century of the career and remain not out on 302 runs. It was a marathon effort that consists of 23 fours and 2 sixes. He faced 469 balls and remain on wicket for 658 minutes.
Pakistan scored a huge total of 579 runs for the loss of just 3 wickets. Sami Aslam missed his century before he was bold by chase for 90 runs. Asad scored another 67 runs and proved that he is the trustable test batsman for Pakistan. Babar Azam scored a good 69 in his debut match after his brilliant performance in the ODI series.
West Indies in reply scored 357 runs. Bravo played a nice innings of 87 runs while Samules scored 76 runs. Yasir Shah took 5 wickets for 121 runs and completed his 100 wickets in test matches in his 17th test match of the career. He now holds the record for second fastest 100 wickets in test matches.
After following on West Indies, Pakistan collapsed in their second innings and bowled out for just 123 runs in 31.5 overs. This gives West Indies a target of 346 runs. West Indies resisted against super bowling attack of Pakistan and took match to the final session of the match. At one stage West Indies was holding the game and it looked that the match will be drawn. Even all the three results were possible on final day.
Pakistan eventually won the match in the final hour of the match. They bowled out West Indies for 289 runs. Pakistan win the match by 56 runs and lead the series by 1-0. Azhar Ali was named player of the match for his brilliant not out innings of 302 runs.
Live Cricket Match Scorecard
- Toss: Pakistan won the toss and choose to bat first
- Pakistan 1st innings: 579 for 3, 155.3 overs (Azhar 302*, Sami 90, Babar 69, Asad 67, Bishoo 2/125)
- West Indies 1st innings: 357 for 10, 123.5 overs (Bravo 87, Samules 76, Yasir 5/121)
- Pakistan 2nd innings: 123 for 10, 31.5 overs (Sami 44, Bishoo 8/49)
- West Indies 2nd innings: 289 for 10, 109 overs (Bravo 116, Amir 3/63)
- Pakistan won the match by 56 runs and leads the 3 match test series by 1-0
Day by Day Summary
- Thursday, 13 October – day 1 – Pakistan 1st innings 279/1 (Azhar 146*, Asad 33*, 90 overs)
- Friday, 14 October – day 2 – West Indies 1st innings 69/1 (Brathwaite 32*, Bravo 14*, 22 overs)
- Saturday, 15 October – day 3 – West Indies 1st innings 315/6 (Dowrich 27*, Holder 10*, 109 overs)
- Sunday, 16 October – day 4 – West Indies 2nd innings 95/2 (Bravo 26*, Samules 4*, 31 Overs)
- Monday, 17 October – day 5 – West Indies 2nd innings 289/10 (109 overs)
Man of the match: Azhar Ali (Pakistan)
- Sami Aslam
- Azhar Ali
- Asad Shafiq
- Babar Azam
- Misbah ul Haq
- Sarfraz Ahmad
- Mohammad Nawaz
- Wahab Riaz
- Yasir Shah
- Sohail Khan
- Mohammad Amir
West Indies Squad
- KC Brathwaite
- LR Johnson
- DM Bravo
- MN Samules
- J Blackwood
- RL Chase
- SO Dowrich
- JO Holder
- D Bishoo
- ML Cummins
- ST Gabriel