Sri Lanka v Australia

Sri Lanka levels ODI series at Colombo | Cricket Score | Cricocean

Sri Lanka levels ODI series at Colombo | Cricket Score | Cricocean

The article includes Live Cricket Score, Match Review, Match Predictions, Where to watch live cricket streaming, Day by Day Summary and Man of the Match Sections as Sri Lanka levels ODI series at colombo.

Sri Lanka v Australia | 2nd ODI at Colombo

Sri Lanka levels ODI series at Colombo by winning the second ODI quite comprehensively against Australia. Two century run partnerships during the innings enabled Sri Lanka to post a very good total on the board. Sri Lankan bowler then defended the score by bowling brilliantly.

Winning the toss and elected to bat first, Sri Lanka scored 288 runs (all out) in 48.5 overs. Sri Lanka lost two quick wickets on two balls when the score was only 12. After the early disaster Mendis and Chandimal played responsible innings and scored a century partnership. Mendis scored a run a ball 69 with the help of 9 fours. Chandimal failed to score his 6th consecutive half century and got out at 48 runs. Methews scored 57 of 60 balls with the help of 1 four and 2 sixes. Parera scored the third half century of the innings by scoring 54 runs of 53 balls. His innings featured 5 fours and 1 six.

The most interesting moment of the match was match was James Faulkner’s Hat-trick. He became the 6th Australian to take Hat-trick in one day internationals. MA Starc also took 3 wickets by giving away 53 runs.

Sri Lanka levels ODI series
George Bailey is bowled out as Sri Lanka levels ODI series

In chase of 289 Australia got out for just 206 runs in 47.2 overs. Only MS Wade scored half century for Australia scoring 76 runs. This was Wade’s best score in ODI. Australia lost wickets at regular intervals and whole of the team got out in just 47.2 overs. For Sri Lanka MS Aponso took 4 for 18 in 9.2 overs. Parera took 3 for 33 while Methews took 2 for 17.

Sri Lanka won the match quite comfortably at the end by 82 runs. Methews was named man of the match for his all-round performance by taking 2 wickets and scoring a half century. The series now get more exciting as Sri Lanka levels ODI series by 1-1.

Today Match Predictions

Australia came back strongly in the first ODI beating Sri Lanka comprehensively. For the second match Australia had 55% winning chances while Sri Lanka had 45% Chances.

Where to watch live cricket streaming                

Match is telecast live by many broadcasters in the world. You can watch live cricket match on Ten Sports live streaming.

http://www.tensports.com/login?destination=event/sri-lanka-vs-australia-2016/match/sri-lanka-vs-australia-2016-1st-test-day-5-live-streaming

Cricket Match Score Card

  • Toss: Sri Lanka, chose to bat first
  • Sri Lanka: 288 (BKG Mendis 69, AD Mathews 57, K Perera 54, A Zampa 3-42, JP Faulkner 3-45, MA Starc 3-53) 
  • Australia:  206 (MS Wade 76, MA Aponso 4-18, T Perera 3-33)
  • Sri Lanka won the match by 82 runs
  • Man of the Match: AD Methews (Sri Lanka)

Sri Lanka Squad

MD Gunathilaka, TM Dilshan, BKG Mendis, LD Chandimal, AD Methews, DM de Silva, MDKJ Parera, NLTC Parera, MDK Parera, S Prasanna, MA Aponso

Australia Squad

DA Warner, AJ Finch, SPD Smith, GJ Bailey, MS Wade, MC Henriques, TM Head, JP Faulkner, MA Starc, NM  Lyon, A Zampa

Tags

cricocean

Cricocean is a website containing Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket News, Ball by Ball Live Cricket Scores, Match Predictions, Cricket Match Astrology, Who Will Win Today Match, Cricket Schedule, Match Statistics, Latest Cricket Rankings, Rich Articles about Cricket Games including Test Matches, ODI's, T20's and different Premier Leagues like IPL, PSL, BBL, BPL and CPL taking place around the world. We as Cricocean are committed to provide you the best cricketing experience around the world. So keep visiting us.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *