England v Pakistan

England Captain Made Strange Decision | Cricocean | Match Preview

England v Pakistan | Second Investec Test, Day 3

Today Match Preview

Alister Cook, England captain made strange decision by deciding to bat again in second innings of second test match between England v Pakistan. Remember Pakistan were follow on after scoring just 198 runs. On a day mostly covered with clouds it looks a strange decision. The match was stopped due to rain many times. Here is a quick match preview for our readers.

Earlier Pakistan started on their innings on the overnight score but kept on loosing wicket at regular intervals. None of the batsmen stayed on the wicket for long period of time. Misbah was the only one who managed to score half century. But just after scoring half century he got out on a sweep caught by Cook on the bowling of Moeen Ali. He scored 52 runs on 114 balls with the help of 4 fours.

The second highest scorer was Wahab Riaz who scores 39 runs of 86 balls. He scored 5 fours and 1 six before he was caught by Hales on the bowling of Moeen Ali. No other batsmen managed to impress at all. And the whole team got out scoring just 198 in 63.4 overs.

England although having a strong lead of 391 runs, still decided to bat again. Although many people thought that these were enough runs to bowl out Pakistan and England should not bat again. This decision looks even worst when rain stopped play couple of times. England managed to score 98 runs for the loss of 1 wicket till close of play.

Match Preview
Woakes at Old Trafford

Alex Hales got out after scoring 24 runs on the bowling of Mohammad Amir. Sarfraz took a good catch behind the stumps. England now lead by 489 runs with 9 wickets and 2 days of play remaining.

Pakistan will be hopping for the rains to come for at least 2 sessions on day 4 so that they may save the game. Although the forecast for the next two days is cloudy but there are little chances of rain. Now let’s see how this decision of Cook proved to be in future. In case rain came for two or more than two sessions then it will be a good chance for Pakistan to save the match.

Match Prediction

The match prediction meter shows England as favorites. The chances of England to win is 69 percent. Chances of draw are 30 percent. While chances of Pakistan victory is only 1 percent.

Where to watch live match on PTV Sports

Match is telecast live by many broadcasters in the world like Start Sports, FOX sports and PTV Sports. You can watch live cricket match on PTV Sports live streaming.
http://www.ptv.com.pk/public/userView/livestreaming#sidebar-most-commented1

 

Cricket Score Card

England

Alastair Cook(c), Alex Hales, Joe Root, Gary Ballance, Jonny Bairstow(w), James Vince, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Steven Finn, Jake Ball, Adil Rashid, Ben Stokes

Pakistan
Mohammad Hafeez, Shan Masood, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq(c), Asad Shafiq, Sarfraz Ahmed(w), Wahab Riaz, Sohail Khan, Zulfiqar Babar, Mohammad Amir, Sami Aslam, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Rizwan, Yasir Shah, Rahat Ali, Imran Khan

Tags

cricocean

Cricocean is a website containing Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket News, Ball by Ball Live Cricket Scores, Match Predictions, Cricket Match Astrology, Who Will Win Today Match, Cricket Schedule, Match Statistics, Latest Cricket Rankings, Rich Articles about Cricket Games including Test Matches, ODI's, T20's and different Premier Leagues like IPL, PSL, BBL, BPL and CPL taking place around the world. We as Cricocean are committed to provide you the best cricketing experience around the world. So keep visiting us.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: