India v West Indies

West Indies managed a draw | Live Cricket | Cricocean

India v West Indies | 2nd Test, Day 5

The article includes Match Review, Match Predictions, Where to watch live cricket streaming, Live Cricket Match Score Card, Day by Day Summary, Team Squads and Man of the Match Sections.

West Indies batted whole 5th day in Jamaica test and managed a draw. This demolishes Indians hopes of winning the 2nd test match and leading the series 2-0. West Indies lost just 2 wickets whole day where RL Chase scored a fine century and secured a draw for West Indies. The live cricket match was broadcasted by Ten sports and many of the Indian channels.

West Indies won the toss on first morning and elected to bar first but kept on losing wickets on regular intervals. They were bowled out for just 198 runs in 52.3 overs. J Blackwood scored 62 runs. R Ashwin took 5 wickets for 52 runs in 16 overs and continued his fine run in the series with both bowl and bat. Sharma and Shami both took 2 wickets each.

Live Cricket
Shane Dowrich played a shot

In reply India scored 500 runs in its first innings for the loss of 9 wickets and declared the innings. Rahul scored 158 runs by scoring 15 fours and 3 sixes. He faced 303 balls. Rahane scored 108 runs and remained not out. He scored 13 fours and 3 sixes in his century stand. For West Indies it was RL Chase who took 5 for 121 runs in 36.1 overs.

West started its second innings in a disaster and lost its first 4 wickets for 48 runs. West Indies started the innings on 5th day where RL Chase scored a brilliant century to save West Indies the teat match. He scored 137 not out on 269 balls with the help of 115 fours and 1 six. He batted for 352 minutes. Dowrich scored 74 runs. Blackwood and Holder both scored 63 and 64 respectively.

West Indies scored 388 for the loss of 6 wickets and draw the test. The rain on fourth day of the test match also helped West Indies to secure a draw. The third test will start from August, 9 on Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet. If you want to check schedule of the series then click here.

Today Match Predictions

Indian chances of winning were 50% at the start of the match. Whereas West Indies had 30% chances and the chances of draw were 20%. It was a fine performance by West Indies on last day to save the match and managed a draw.

Where to watch live cricket streaming                

Match is telecasted live by many broadcasters in the world. You can watch live cricket match on Ten Sports live streaming.

Live Cricket Match Score Card

  • Toss: West won the toss elected to bat first
  • West Indies 196 (Blackwood 62, Ashwin 5-52)
  • India 500 for 9 decl. (Rahul 158, Rahane 108*, Chase 5-121)
  • West Indies 388 for 6 (Chase 108*, Dowrich 74, Holder 64* Balckwood 63)
  • Match ended in a draw
  • India lead the 4 match series 1-0.

Day by Day Summary

  • Saturday, 30 July – day 1 – India 1st innings 126/1 (Rahul 75*, Pujara 18*, 37 overs)
  • Sunday, 31 July – day 2 – India 1st innings 358/5 (Rahane 42*, Shah 17*, 125 overs)
  • Monday, 1 August – day 3 – West Indies 2nd innings 0/0 (Brathwaite 0*, Chandrika 0*)
  • Tuesday, 2 August – day 4 – West Indies 2nd innings 48/4 (Blackwood 3*, 15.5 overs)
  • Tuesday, 3 August – day 5 – West Indies 2nd innings 388/6 (104 overs) – Match ended in a draw

Man of the match: 

RL Chase

KL Rahul, S Dhawan, CA Pujara, V Kohli, AM Rahane, R Ashwin, WP Saha, A Mishra, Mohammad Shami, UT Yadav, I Sharma

West Indies
KC Brathwaite, R Chandrica, DM Bravo, MN Samules, J Blackwood, RL Chase, SO Dowrich, JO Holder, D Bishoo, ML Cummins, ST Gabriel



Cricocean is a website containing Live Cricket Score, Latest Cricket News, Ball by Ball Live Cricket Scores, Match Predictions, Cricket Match Astrology, Who Will Win Today Match, Cricket Schedule, Match Statistics, Latest Cricket Rankings, Rich Articles about Cricket Games including Test Matches, ODI's, T20's and different Premier Leagues like IPL, PSL, BBL, BPL and CPL taking place around the world. We as Cricocean are committed to provide you the best cricketing experience around the world. So keep visiting us.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button